0 Carb Salad Vinaigrette – Woo Hoo!!!

Joann’s Basic Vinaigrette Recipe

This vinaigrette salad dressing makes enough to coat a very large bunch of romaine, or the large container of mixed greens. Save the rest for the next day. I don’t keep this vinaigrette more than a couple days because it uses fresh garlic and may get too strong.

Joann’s BASIC VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING:

1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon sugar – or use use Splenda granular, the measurements are the same as with sugar
1/4 cup oil – olive or canola

Tip: If you have a small food processor you can save lots of time. Place the garlic in the processor and spin until minced. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the oil. Spin again. Add the oil and spin a few seconds until thickened. So easy!

11 Comments

1. Leslee

/  September 28, 2011

I had the salad dressing yesterday and it is THE BEST, so full of flavor! I can’t wait to make it tonight! Thanks Joann

2. Leslee: Thank you for the comment, and also for the substitution tip on Splenda granular. It’s good to know that we can easily substitute Splenda granular for sugar in recipes, as the measurements are the same as with sugar.

3. Leslee

/  September 28, 2011

So I just got home and couldn’t wait to make this dressing! I am so excited for my lunch salad tomorrow… chopped romaine, leftover cooked green beans, a scoop of homemade chicken salad with a sprinkle of chopped wasabi-soy flavored almonds on top and of course this flavorful dressing! YUM! Thanks again!

• Wow! Your lunch tomorrow is even better than restaurant fare! I used the chopped wasabi-soy flavored almonds on my salad for lunch today and Gary and Nikki had it on their salads for dinner. It’s a great addition, and I don’t think I would enjoy a salad again without them! I am thrilled about the addition of the leftover cooked green beans to the salad. I would be excited for lunch tomorrow too! Thanks for giving all of us great ideas.

4. Amazing comment out there. I do not let a single day expire withouth getting recent details right from this blog.

5. My brother suggested I might like this blog. He used to be totally right. This submit actually made my day. You can not consider just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

6. I am so glad you like this vinaigrette! I just made it again this evening. I top all my salads with Blue Diamond Almonds dusted with Wasabi & Soy Sauce for a more intense flavor. Fabulous!

7. Jeannine Sakal

/  January 28, 2012

These recipes look wonderful and I bought ingredients for a couple today and then stumbled across this salad dressing that sounds easy and just what I had been looking for.

Thank you!

8. Myrna

/  March 30, 2012

Any chance of getting the nutritional values on this great-sounding dressing?

• Joann

/  March 30, 2012

Absolutely! The team will work on this next! Thank you for the suggestion Myrna!